Together Design London - Privacy Statement
This privacy statement is effective 29.03.2022. Please note that this privacy statement will regularly be updated to reflect any changes in the way we handle your personal data or any changes in applicable laws.
This statement tells you everything you need to know about Together Design London Ltd (“Together Design London”; “we”) and how we protect the personal data we process and control relating to you (“your personal data”; “your data”) and which rights you have in relation to the processing of your personal data.
How does Together Design London protect your personal data?
Together Design London understands the importance of your right to privacy and the protection of your personal data. We want you to feel secure that when you deal with Together Design London, your personal data is in good hands.
Which categories of personal data do we collect and how do we process such personal data?
We collect personal data of our employees, clients, suppliers, studio contacts and website users. If the data we collect is not listed in this privacy statement, we will give individuals (when required by law) appropriate notice of which other data will be collected and how it will be used.
Except for certain information that is required by law, your decision to provide any personal data to us is voluntary. You will therefore not be subject to adverse consequences if you do not wish to provide us with your personal data. However, please note that if you do not provide certain information, we may not be able to achieve some of the purposes outlined in this privacy statement, and you may not be able to use certain tools and systems which require the use of such personal data.
The above-mentioned categories of personal data have been obtained either directly from you (for example, when you provide information to sign up for any content) or indirectly from certain third parties (for example, through our website’s technology). Such third parties include public authorities, public websites and social media, suppliers, and vendors.
For which purposes and on which legal basis do we use your personal data?
Together Design London uses your personal data only where required for specific purposes and legitimate interests. These are to:
- Manage our contractual and/or employment relationship with you which is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party.
- Recruit and ensure our ability to recruit the appropriate employees is protected.
- Facilitate communication with you (including in case of emergencies, and to provide you with requested information) enabling appropriate communication and emergency handling within the organisation.
- Operate and manage our business operations to ensure effective functioning.
- Comply with legal requirements/obligations that we are subject to.
- Monitor your use of our systems (including monitoring the use of our website and any apps and tools you use) to avoid non-compliance and protect our reputation.
- Improve the security and functioning of our website, networks, and information to ensure you receive an excellent user experience and our networks and information are secure.
- Undertake data analytics to help identify unique users and sessions, gather and store information to allow business operations to effectively function.
- Collect and analyse information, including personal data, from partners, clients and third parties for continual improvement to make sure we are communicating in a way that is still interesting and relevant.
- Market our products and services to you (unless you objected against such processing) enabling us to conduct and grow our business.
We believe that our legitimate interests for a given purpose is not overridden by your interests, rights, or freedoms, given (i) the transparency we provide on the processing activity, (ii) our privacy by design approach, (iii) our regular privacy reviews and (iv) the rights you have in relation to the processing activity.
We will process your personal data for the purposes mentioned above based on your prior consent, to the extent such consent is mandatory under applicable laws.
We will not use your personal data for purposes that are incompatible with the purposes of which you have been informed, unless it is required or authorised by law, or it is in your own vital interest (e.g., in case of a medical emergency) to do so.
Will we share your personal data with third parties?
We may transfer personal data to our service providers such as IT providers, professional advisors and services, and recruiters. Such third parties may be located in other countries. Before we do so, we shall take the necessary steps to ensure that your personal data will be given adequate protection as required by relevant data privacy laws and Together Design London’s internal policies.
Unless you are otherwise notified, any transfers of your personal data from within the European Economic Area (EEA) to third parties outside the EEA will be based on an adequacy decision or are governed by the standard contractual clauses. Currently, we do not sell or use data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
What about sensitive data?
We do not generally seek to collect sensitive data (also known as special categories) through this site or otherwise. In the limited cases where we do seek to collect such data, we will do this in accordance with data privacy law requirements and/or ask for your consent.
The term “sensitive data” refers to the various categories of personal data identified by data privacy laws as requiring special treatment, including in some circumstances the need to obtain explicit consent from you. These categories include racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious, philosophical, or other similar beliefs, membership of a trade union, physical or mental health, biometric or genetic data, sexual life or orientation, or criminal convictions and offences (including information about suspected criminal activities).
What about data security?
We maintain organisational, physical, and technical security arrangements for all the personal data we hold. We have protocols, controls and relevant policies, procedures, and guidance to maintain these arrangements taking into account the risks associated with the categories of personal data and the processing we undertake. We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Regarding your use of our website, you should understand that the open nature of the internet is such that information and personal data flows over networks connecting you to our systems without security measures and may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data are intended.
How long will your personal data be retained by us?
We will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary. Personal data are deleted after a reasonable time according to the following retention criteria:
- We retain your data if we have an ongoing relationship with you (in particular, if you have an account with us).
- We will only keep the data for as long as needed to provide services to you.
- We retain your data for as long as needed to comply with our legal and contractual obligations.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes of which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and appropriate legal requirements.
Which rights do you have with respect to the processing of your personal data?
You are entitled (in the circumstances and under the conditions, and subject to the exceptions, set out in applicable law) to request the following:
- Access to the personal data we process about you: this right entitles you to know whether we hold personal data about you and, if we do, to obtain information on and a copy of that personal data.
- A rectification of your personal data: this right entitles you to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Object to the processing of your personal data: this right entitles you to request that Together Design London no longer processes your personal data.
- The erasure of your personal data: this right entitles you to request the erasure of your personal data, including where such personal data would no longer be necessary to achieve the purposes.
- The restriction of the processing of your personal data: this right entitles you to request that Together Design London only processes your personal data in limited circumstances, including with your consent.
- Portability of your personal data: this right entitles you to receive a copy (in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format) of personal data that you have provided to Together Design London, or request Together Design London to transmit such personal data to another data controller.
To the extent that the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time by contacting Together Design London at email@example.com. Please note that this will not affect Together Design London’s right to process personal data obtained prior to the withdrawal of your consent, or its right to continue parts of the processing based on other legal bases than your consent.
If, despite our commitment and efforts to protect your personal data, you believe that your data privacy rights have been violated, we encourage and welcome individuals to come to Together Design London first to seek resolution of any complaint. You have the right to register a complaint directly with the relevant supervisory authority or to make a claim against Together Design London with a competent court (either in the country where you live, the country where you work or the country where you deem that data privacy law has been infringed).
Contact us to exercise any of your rights.
How do we use personal data when you visit Together Design London’s website?
In addition to the information set out above, the following sections describe how we use personal data when you visit Together Design London’s website:
Which personal data do we gather?
Together Design London collects personal data at its website in two ways: (1) directly (for example, when you provide personal data to sign up to receive content); and (2) indirectly (for example, through our website’s technology).
We may collect and process the following personal data:
- Personal data that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes registering to use the website, studio news, newsletters, trend reports and alerts or further information. Pages that collect this type of personal data may provide further information as to why your personal data is needed and how it will be used. It is completely up to you whether you want to provide it.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Our website collects personal data about your computer, including (where available) your IP address, operating system, and browser type, for system administration, to filter traffic, to look up user domains and to report on statistics.
- Details of your visits to our website, the pages you view and resources you access or download, including but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data.
Do we include (links to) websites and programs of third parties?
Our website may include:
- Links to and from the sites of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates.
- Certain programs (widgets and apps) of third parties. Where this is the case, that such third parties may process your personal data collected through such programs for their own purposes.
How do we use personal data that we collect from our website?
We use personal data for the purposes described in the section “For which purposes and on which legal basis do we use your personal data?” above, as well as to provide you with information you request, process online job applications, and for other purposes which we would describe to you at the point where it is collected. For example:
- To fulfil your requests for articles, newsletters or other content.
- For surveys or research questionnaires.
- To personalise your experience at our website.
- To contact you for marketing purposes where you have agreed to this.
We analyse your IP and browser information to determine what is most effective about our website, to help us identify ways to improve it and make it more effective.
We analyse your IP and browser information to determine what is most effective about our website, to help us identify ways to improve it and, eventually, to determine how we can tailor our website to make it a more positive and relevant user experience.
How do we use personal data for marketing purposes?
In addition to the information set out above, the following sections describe how we use personal data for marketing purposes:
- Do we combine and analyse personal data?
- Do we share personal data with third parties?
- What are your rights regarding marketing communications?
What are the sources of marketing data?
The bulk of the personal data we collect and use for marketing purposes relates to individual employees of our clients and other companies with which we have an existing business relationship. We may also obtain contact information from public sources, including content made public through social media websites, to make an initial contact with a relevant individual at a client or other company.
Do we send targeted emails?
We send commercial emails to individuals at our client or other companies with whom we want to develop or maintain a business relationship in accordance with applicable marketing laws via mailchimp. Our targeted email messages typically include web beacons, cookies, and similar technologies that allow us to know whether you open, read, or delete the message, and links you may click. When you click a link in a marketing email you receive from Together Design London, we will also use a cookie to log what pages you view and what content you download from our websites, even if you are not registered at or signed into our site.
Targeted emails from Together Design London may include additional data privacy information, as required by applicable laws.
Do we maintain Customer Relationship Management (CRM) databases?
Like most companies, Together Design London uses customer relationship management (CRM) database technology to manage and track our marketing efforts. Our CRM databases include personal data belonging to individuals at our client and other companies with whom we already have a business relationship or want to develop one. The personal data used for these purposes includes relevant business information, such as: contact data, publicly available information (e.g. press releases or your public posts on social media sites if relevant for business purpose), your responses to targeted email (including web activity following links from our emails), website activity of registered users of our website, and other business information included by Together Design London professionals based on their personal interactions with you. If you wish to be excluded from our CRM databases, please contact us.
Do we combine and analyse personal data?
What are your rights regarding marketing communications?
You can exercise your right to prevent marketing communications to you by by opt-out mechanisms in emails we send to you. You can also exercise the right to discontinue marketing communications to you, or to have your personal data removed from our customer relationship management (CRM) databases at any time by contacting us. In such cases, we will retain minimum personal data to note that you opted out to avoid contacting you again.
Please reach out for the following reasons:
- If you have a general question about how Together Design London protects your personal data.
- You wish to exercise your rights in relation to your personal data rights (as set out in the sections “Which rights do you have with respect to the processing of your personal data?” and “Your rights regarding marketing communications”).
- You wish to make a complaint about Together Design London’s use of your data.
You can also contact Together Design London via firstname.lastname@example.org